Sunday, March 24, 2019

Mr. Bradford

He was there for me
during my teenage pregnancy -
no judgement at all,
and definitely no snobbery...

He was the one teacher
I actually listened too -
He was the only adult
who really got through...

I remember the poster
warning about crack -
and I never ever did
mess with that...

I was the wild child
just wanting to be free -
He always shook his head
at my friends and me...

I saw him after high school
while working the front desk -
he wanted a second job
at a job he helped me get...

he was planning to retire early
to travel and enjoy life -
He was so very handsome
yet never had a wife...

I'm now about that age
wanting the same things -
to retire and live life
without the stress it brings...

I've wondered about him
since we lost touch -
he was so very nice,
and I liked him so much...

Yesterday I was shocked
there it was -
his picture and a post
saying he died because...

Cancer again strikes
taking only the good -
if only there was a cure
if only we could...

SAVE people from
this dreadful disease -
Dear Lord can you hear
our prayers and please...

give him a spot
next to your throne -
because he was an angel
he lived as your own...

RIP to you and the memories, talks and posters that influenced my life.

"Crack takes you places" poster with large words over a graveyard. 
He never lectured us, because he didn't need to.
That's a true influence. 
I'll never forget him.

God speed.

No comments: